Sunday, January 9, 2011

Listening with the Artist's Eye


Sit, Rest, Work
Active Listening through Watercolor
 What captures your attention? What do you want to get into your consciousness?

I am driven to find optimism, hope, opportunity, enthusiasm and inspiration for living my daily life fully engaged.

I discovered by observing my responses to the quotes, blessing and poems sent by others I believe every action results in an equal and opposite reaction. If the message sent is worthy of paying attention to, I'm driven to do something with the message to get it to seep into my bones.

How this translates to the artist in me is everything that captures my attention is worthy of an artistic response to improve my listening to, and acting on, the message.

I'm compelled to do watercolor studies of poems, quotes, affirmations or blessings sent to me by others. These responsorals give real meaning to the term active listening.

In response to the motivating or uplifting messages sent, I respond by translating the essence of the messages into visually appealing as well as verbally-meaningful Q'ART--or quote art-- and send them back to friends and family.



1 comment:

  1. This is a perfect quote for the way I have been feeling this past Monday...getting impatient feeling change will not come - although change is constant and surrounds me...

    ReplyDelete